The work is varied, interesting and demanding and we expect high standards for quality and performance. Our equipment goes into university laboratories around the world and expectations on function and finish are very high with most machined parts visible to our customers. With a time served background you will be expected to manufacture a wide range of steel and aluminium components on our HAAS CNC Milling machines and Mazak CNC lathes, always looking for ways to improve the process to save waste, reduce times and improve quality. You will require a good practical knowledge of CNC machining and the latest thinking on effective machining techniques.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Programming, Setting and Operating Haas CNC Milling Machines and Mazak CNC Lathes within a low volume, small batch environment
- Self-inspection of components using manual measuring equipment
- Creation of programmes, jigs & fixtures for new components and to improve quality, set-up and run times on existing components
- Work with the Machine Shop Manager to lead CNC machining development within the business
- Setting and running multiple machines when the component and/or batch sizes allow
- Programming, setting and operating experience of CNC Milling and Turning machinery - preferably HAAS and Mazak.
- CNC Machining experience within a similar hi-tech environment – ideally apprentice trained
- Able to work accurately to deadlines
- Able to identify wasteful processes and find ways to improve throughput without compromising safety or quality
- Self-driven with a strong desire to make improvements whilst working within a team environment
- An ability to read 1st and 3rd angle engineering drawings
- An enthusiastic team player with a can-do/flexible attitude
- Experience of programming with Edgecam or equivalent
- Relevant qualifications
- A willingness to help in other areas of the factory should the demand arise
- Supervisory experience
- Experience of training others
- Location: Bonsall Street, Long Eaton, Nottinghamshire.
- Hours: 37 hours per week, i.e. 7.00am – 3.30pm. Monday-Thursday (1/2 hour for lunch), 7.00am – 12.00pm Friday (no lunch break).
- Rate of Pay: £30,000 - £33,000 dependant on experience
- Benefits: pension, life assurance, generous holiday entitlement, clean working environment with free parking
- Contract Type: Permanent
How to apply
Email your CV and optional covering letter to email@example.com