The work is varied, interesting and demanding as we expect high standards for quality and performance. With good practical skills, you will join our paint shop department in order to prepare products within set timeframes whilst ensuring that quality standards are met on all products, processes, and procedures. In-house training will be provided for the successful candidate so that you can provide cover for the painter’s holidays. Our products are designed to support the teaching of engineering principles, and all the finished work is visible to the end customers, therefore it is imperative that you have great attention to detail and work to a neat standard.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing parts to the required standard (in accordance with ISO9001 quality standards)
- Duties will include cleaning parts, racking and tagging parts, using body filler on certain parts, masking and polishing.
- Diligent and productive work ethic
- Strong practical skills with a good level of manual dexterity
- The capacity to carry out repetitive tasks methodically and to a consistently high standard of quality
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail
- Self-inspection of all work produced
- Maintain accurate bookings of jobs within our computer system.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Work in a precise neat way
- Work alongside/with assembly fitters
- Work within a small team
- Previous experience working in a paint shop
- Previous experience of spraying
- Location: Bonsall Street, Long Eaton
- Hours: 37 hours per week - 8.00am to 4.30pm Monday-Thursday (1/2 hour for lunch), 8.00am – 1.00pm Friday (no lunch break)
- Rate of Pay: £18,500 - £20,000
- Benefits: pension, life assurance, generous holiday entitlement, clean working environment with free parking
How to apply
Email your CV and optional covering letter to email@example.com