Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced CNC Turner to join our busy and highly motivated team on a permanent contract, within our Covid secure working environment.
The work is varied, interesting and demanding and we expect high standards for quality and performance. With a time served background you will be expected to manufacture a wide range of steel and aluminium components on our Mazak CNC Turning machines. You will require a good practical knowledge of CNC machining. You will join our manufacturing department, ensuring that quality standards are met on all components, by following company processes, and procedures. Our products are designed to support the teaching of engineering principles, and all the finished work is visible to the end customers. We pride ourselves on delivering an excellent quality of finish and it is therefore imperative that you have great attention to detail and work to an exceptionally neat standard.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Programming, Setting and Operating Mazak CNC Turning Machines within a low volume, small batch environment (some machines have ‘live’ tooling)
- Self-inspection of components using manual measuring equipment
- Creation of Mazatrol programmes for new components
- Ensure manufactured parts are produced in the most efficient manner
- Setting and running multiple machines when the component and/or batch sizes allow