Vacancy: Electrical Design Engineer
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has risen for a suitably qualified and experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join our busy and highly motivated multi-disciplinary Engineering team. You will have relevant previous experience and hold an electrical engineering qualification.
The work is varied, interesting and demanding as we expect high standards for quality and performance. With good theoretical and practical technical knowledge, you will design and support development of lab equipment for academia including the creation of detail drawings, BOMs, test specifications and content for technical manuals. Main responsibilities will include:
- Designing products providing production information as required to manufacture, maintain and service the products throughout their life cycle, ensuring they are designed and produced in the most cost-effective way.
- Providing technical information and answering technical questions to support Production and
- Providing technical information to assist in the generation of technical/product manuals.
- Achieve the highest possible quality standards, meeting due dates and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- To be aware of and implement checks to ensure that equipment meets all known statutory requirements, such as CE marking.
- Location: Bonsall Street, Long Eaton, Notttingham
- Department: Product Development
- Hours: 37 hours per week, i.e. 8.00am – 4.30pm. Monday-Thursday (1/2 hour for lunch), 8.00am – 13.00pm Friday (no lunch break)
- Benefits: Competitive rate of pay, pension, life assurance, generous holiday entitlement
- Contract Type: Fixed-term contract, full time
- Good fundamental engineering knowledge and knowledge of design best practise
- Relevant electrical engineering qualification (min. HND)
- Use CAD packages to create schematics and product assembly drawings and artworks.
- Knowledge of control systems, sensors and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of control panel layout and design.
- All round general knowledge of electrical/electronic disciplines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A good team player able to use initiative to deliver high quality results to tight deadlines
- Product development experience
- Understanding of Bills of Materials (BOMs) and their hierarchy
- Use of SAP Business One or Microsoft Dynamics
- Knowledge of the following:
- Motors, electrical machines and AC/DC variable speed motor drives and control gear
- PLCs and Ladder logic
- Data acquisition systems
- Analogue electronics
- Power systems, including protection, fault analysis, power quality and smart grids.
How to apply
Email your CV and optional covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org