Vacancy: Electrical Design Engineer (Fixed Term Contract)
An exciting opportunity has risen for suitable qualified and experienced design engineer to join our busy and highly motivated multi-disciplinary Engineering department for the duration of a project (6-18 months). You will have relevant experience and hold an engineering qualification.
The work is varied, interesting and demanding as we expect high standards for quality and performance. You must be able to work alone as well as part of a small multidisciplinary team. With good theoretical and practical engineering knowledge, you will be responsible for:
- The design and development of new products providing suitable production information for their manufacture and upkeep.
- Creation and interpretation of electrical schematics.
- Providing technical support for existing Electrical Power Systems training products.
- Estimating, designing, modifying and building products in line with the company’s Product Development Procedure.
- Providing technical information to assist in the generation of technical manuals.
- Training internal and external staff/customers on related products.
- Providing technical information and answering technical questions from any source within or outside of the Company.
- Location: Bonsall Street, Long Eaton, Notttingham
- Department: Product Development
- Hours: 37 hours per week, i.e. 8.00am – 4.30pm. Monday-Thursday (1/2 hour for lunch), 8.00am – 13.00pm Friday (no lunch break)
- Benefits: Competitive rate of pay, pension, life assurance, generous holiday entitlement
- Contract Type: Fixed-term contract, full time
- Good fundamental engineering knowledge and knowledge of design best practise
- Relevant electrical engineering qualification (min. HND)
- Use CAD packages to create schematics and product assembly drawings and artworks.
- Knowledge of control systems, sensors and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of control panel layout and design.
- All round general knowledge of electrical/electronic disciplines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A good team player able to use initiative to deliver high quality results to tight deadlines
- Product development experience
- Understanding of Bills of Materials (BOMs) and their hierarchy
- Use of SAP Business One or Microsoft Dynamics
- Knowledge of the following:
- Motors, electrical machines and AC/DC variable speed motor drives and control gear
- PLCs and Ladder logic
- Data acquisition systems
- Analogue electronics
- Power systems, including protection, fault analysis, power quality and smart grids.
How to apply
Email your CV and optional covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org