The work is varied, interesting and demanding and we expect high standards for quality and performance. Our equipment goes into university laboratories around the world and expectations on function and finish are very high with most machined parts visible to our customers. With a time served background you will be expected to manufacture a wide range of steel and aluminium components on our HAAS CNC Milling machines and Mazak CNC lathes, always looking for ways to improve the process to save waste, reduce times and improve quality. You will require a good practical knowledge of CNC machining and the latest thinking on effective machining techniques.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Programming, Setting and Operating Haas CNC Milling Machines and Mazak CNC Lathes within a low volume, small batch environment
- Self-inspection of components using manual measuring equipment
- Creation of programmes, jigs & fixtures for new components and to improve quality, set-up and run times on existing components
- Work with the Machine Shop Manager to lead CNC machining development within the business
- Setting and running multiple machines when the component and/or batch sizes allows