Vacancy: Shipping Coordinator (Part Time)
In order to ensure we meet the demands of our market, we require an experienced Shipping Coordinator. You will be required to:
- Generate and process export and import shipping documents such as Invoices, Packing Lists, Certs of Origin, ATR and EUR1.
- Provide accurate shipping instructions to freight forwarders and be able to negotiate on rates/services available.
- Be able to accurately check letter of credit applications and advise on any alterations prior to shipping.
- Present accurate documents to the bank for letters of credit and cash against documents shipments.
- Keep customers informed of order progress and shipping details.
- Provide freight and packing quotations to the Sales department.
- Chase proof of export for VAT purposes.
- Check freight invoices from freight/courier agents against quotes to check they match.
- Order suitable packing materials advising the packing team with instructions.
- Complete general administration duties such as filing, and simple freight analysis.
- Provide Full time cover for Shipping Manager during times of holiday and absence (will include staff supervision).
- Location: Long Eaton (Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire border)
- Department: Shipping, reporting to Shipping Manager
- Hours: Part time – approx. 20 hours per week (preferably over 4/5 days)
- Rate of Pay: Competitive rate of pay
- Benefits: Excellent pension scheme, Life Assurance Scheme, free onsite parking, Childcare Vouchers, Company performance related bonus, generous holiday entitlement
- Contract Type: Part-time, permanent
- At least 3 years’ experience in an export and import logistics role.
- Able to work to deadlines with high accuracy
- Experience with letters of credit.
- Flexible with regards to hours.
- Customer focussed.
- Good level of experience communicating internally and externally.
How to apply
Email your CV and optional covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org