15 x 0.3 x 0.45 Metre Flow Channel
- Sluice gate for investigations into hydraulic jump, specific energy and the determination of discharge coefficient.
- Submerged sharp-crested weir reveals the relationship between head over a weir and discharge.
- A broad-crested weir and the effects of changing the profile of the weir.
- Uniform flow in an inclined channel with investigations into the Chezy factor and coefficient.
- A Venturi flume to indicate the discharge and surface profile, thus the derivation of the discharge coefficient.
- The broad-crested weir
- The Parshall flume
- The Crump weir
- Flow round bridge piers – cylinder, round nose, square and sharp nose
- Flow over a spillway
- Friction in a uniform channel with roughened bed
- Paddle and blocking plate
- Wave generator and beach
Open Channel Flow Equipment at the University of Derby
Reliability, expansive functionality, customer service and competitive price were the main reasons why the University of Derby chose to invest in a sizeable piece of fluid mechanics equipment from TecQuipment.
Read the full case study here.