Strain Gauged Beam
A steel beam with eight half-bridge strain gauges spaced from the centre line of the beam with a 135 mm pitch. The gauges are numbered 1 - 8 from left to right. The Strain Gauged Beam (SM1004c) has been designed as an ancillary to be used with the TecQuipment Beam Apparatus (SM1004 supplied separately).
The strain gauges have a ‘gauge factor’ which is noted on the beam. Each of the strain gauges is connected via its attached cable to the Digital Strain Display (SM1010 supplied separately). The strain readings can be read directly from the display on the SM1010. Alternatively the SM1010 can be connected to VDAS-B (supplied separately) for output directly to a suitable computer (not supplied) running TecQuipment’s VDAS® software (free to download from the TecQuipment website).
Bending moment diagrams for:
• Cantilever beam with end load
• Cantilever beam with intermediate load
• Propped cantilever with point load
• Simply supported with intermediate load
• Simply supported with centre load
• Simply supported with two symmetrical loads
• Half bridge gauge configuration