LabVIEW compatibility with TecQuipment VDAS®
The TecQuipment VDAS - LabVIEW project contains a collection of VIs (LabVIEW Virtual Instruments), one for use with each TecQuipment VDAS compatible product. When communicating via USB with a TecQuipment VDAS-B or VDAS-F, a VI front panel will display data values from the connected equipment.
Users may consider the provided VIs as a basis from which to develop their own LabVIEW projects which process data from TecQuipment equipment.
NOTE : This release does not include LabVIEW VIs for use with all TecQuipment VDAS compatible products. Future releases will extend product compatibility in line with TecQuipment’s internal testing.
- Download the ZIP file using the link below.
- Unblock the ZIP file so that LabVIEW will be able to access the files, Windows may block access to files obtained from the Internet
Open the LabVIEW project file named TecQuipment_VDAS_LabVIEW.lvproj.View the ReadMe.html file for further notes.Open the .VI file matching your TecQuipment educational product.
- Right-click the .ZIP file, a context menu will appear.
- Select the Properties menu item, the file Properties dialog will appear.
- Select the General tab, there may be a Security section at the bottom of the tab
- Click the Unblock button then OK to close the dialog.
- Extract the contents of the .ZIP, Windows should no longer block access to the extracted files.
- National Instruments LabVIEW 2015 or newer development system.
- Windows 10, 8 or 7 operating system.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 (This is included in Windows 10 but may need to be installed in Windows 8 or 7).
- TecQuipment VDAS-F or VDAS-B connected to the PC via USB.
- TecQuipment VDAS compatible educational product.
See the LabVIEW Tutorial video: