Our conference kicked off with a light networking and social event on Sunday evening to enable our partners to meet other delegates and talk with some of our staff face to face.
The main conference was then held from Monday to Wednesday. We had 40 companies, 52 partners plus their guests, and representation from all five continents - some partners flew in from as far away as Canada, Chile, Australia, and South Korea and included partners who had only recently joined the TecQuipment family, as well as those who have been well established and championing us for over 40 years!
It had been over 5 years since we welcomed our friends and extended members of the TecQuipment family, and so we were delighted that many of them accepted our invitation to attend our 2023 Sales Partner Conference. Simon Woods Managing Director, TecQuipment
The TecQuipment Conference:
Monday focused on what the future of TecQuipment will look like, and included four breakout sessions featuring products from our Alternative Energy, Fluid Mechanics and Engineering Science ranges:
- Engineering Science Smart Worksheets (ESSW)
- Multi-Pump Test Set (H85V)
- Hydro-Electric Turbine (AE1000V)
- Wind Turbine Dynamics (AE1005V)
Tuesday pertained to a broader focus on TecQuipment’s product developments, insights into trading with the UK and foreign markets via a guest speaker from the Department for Business and Trade, and success stories from America with our sales partner Cheryl of Tech Ed Systems. We then had sessions on our Aerodynamics and Next Generation Structures ranges, along with a marketing session and appointments with regional sales managers Bruno, Adnane and Jon.
The last day featured a trip to the TecQuipment factory (Bonsall Street, Nottingham, NG10 2AN) for product demonstrations of our biggest and newest products! We had products from our Thermodynamics, Environmental Control, Aerodynamics and VDAS ranges:
- Thermal Power Plant with Steam Turbine (TD1060V)
- Advanced HVAC & R Trainer (EC1550V)
- Subsonic Wind Tunnel (AF1450)
- The VDAS® app
Overall, partners came together to hear about TecQuipment’s future vision, to learn about our product innovation roadmap, rekindle relationships, and experience product demonstrations from eight of our 16 product ranges.
It was great to reconnect with our Sales Partners, many of whom have demonstrated loyalty and commitment to us for many years. We hope that they left feeling inspired, energised and excited about our new product roadmap and the opportunities it opens.
Sales & Marketing Director, TecQuipment
The TecQuipment Conference Social Activities:
But it wasn’t all work. We also had some fun. Alongside our conference we decided to host three events, to further cement our new and renewed relationships:
- A games night at The Priest House Hotel
- An evening on the river Trent with Princess River Cruise
- An awards ceremony at the Derby Museum of Making at Derby Silk Mill to honour and celebrate our partners’ commitment to TecQuipment.
Top Features of Our 2023 Event?
- Three days of presentations, including a talk on what it means to be an employee-owned company, numerous technical sessions, and insight of new innovations on the horizon
- Keynote from the Department of International Trade
- One-to-one clinics with the sales team
- A site visit to TecQuipment’s HQ to meet the team and to experience demonstrations of new practical teaching equipment soon to be launched!
- A memorable sales partner awards evening
- Fun and games, with an evening river boat cruise on Nottingham’s River Trent and a magical evening at Derby’s Museum of Making.
- Exclusive use of The Priest House Hotel set in the delightful Derbyshire countryside, allowing our partners to relax and enjoy both the location and the conference.
Here’s what some delegates had to say:
“Thank you for a well-rounded event. Glad I was able to attend because of the knowledge gained and the renewed enthusiasm.”
“It was nice meeting you and your colleagues in person, the venue for me was an amazing experience, I came back home delighted to be invited to this experience and cannot wait to talk to our customers about new range of products and what I have learned there, thank you.”
“It was a brilliant event, made me feel like part of TQ family meeting your colleagues, as well making connections with the partners, it was an amazing experience.”
“I'm back to the office and would like to share a few words to say one more time you thank you for this wonderful event and all the good time we shared my wife and I during these last four days with all TecQuipment team. I can imagine time invested, energy and money in such an event. Thus, I can only be very grateful to TQ. You build a great team, and you can be very proud of the result.”
“Your initiative and hospitality throughout the conference were exceptional, and we are truly thankful. Similarly, we also thank welcoming gestures and hospitality from all members of TQ team.”
We’d all like to thank everyone for attending and making this event truly memorable. We hope to see you all again and hopefully even more of our sales partners at a future conference.