A compact, practical open-circuit suction wind tunnel for studying aerodynamics. The wind tunnel saves time and money compared with full-scale wind tunnels or airborne laboratories.
The wind tunnel provides accurate results and is suitable for undergraduate study and research projects.
Air enters the tunnel through an aerodynamically designed effuser (cone) that accelerates the air linearly. It then enters the working section and passes through a grill before moving through a diffuser and then to a variable-speed axial fan. The grill protects the fan from damage by loose objects. The air leaves the fan, passes through a silencer unit and then back out to atmosphere.
A separate control and instrumentation unit controls the speed of the axial fan (and the air velocity in the working section).
A metal frame supports the wind tunnel. The frame includes lockable castors for convenient mobility.
Included with the wind tunnel:
- Three-Component Balance (AF1450T)
- Balance Angle Feedback Unit (AFA4)
- NACA 0012 Aerofoil with Tappings (AF1450B)
- Dual Differential Pressure Display (DP6)
- 32-Way Pressure Display Unit (AFA6)
- Pitot Static Traverse x 2 (AF1450X)
- Model Holder
- Versatile Data Acquisition System (VDAS-F) - frame mounted