Vacancy: Inventory & Internal Logistics Supervisor
Due to continued growth, a new and exiting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced Inventory Supervisor to take ownership of our busy Stores/Good Inwards function, ensuring the effective and efficient running of the department and to lead the small Stores team. Ideally you will have worked in a similar senior stores role within an engineering/manufacturing or production environment.
The work is varied, interesting and demanding as we expect high standards for quality and performance. Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure manufacturing and assembly departments have exactly what they need, where they need and when they need it in order to maximise production efficiency.
- Manage inventory to minimise stock, whilst maintaining 100% availability of parts for production.
- Manage and develop a dedicated team to achieve high levels of staff engagement and excellent service.
- Manage the efficient production of high quality product labels.
- Creation and coordination of documentation in line with Manufacturing Schedule.
- Location: Long Eaton, Derbyshire (Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire Border)
- Department: Stores
- Reporting To: Production Manager via Materials Control Manager
- Hours: 37 hours per week - 8.00am to 4.30pm Mon–Thurs (30 mins lunch), 8.00am to 1.00pm Fri (no lunchbreak)
- Benefits: Competitive salary, excellent pension, life assurance, generous holiday entitlement, clean working environment, free parking
- Contract Type: Permanent, full time.
- Proven track record in a similar role / environment
- IT literate – competent MS, Excel, Outlook user
- MRP system knowledge
- Supervisory experience with excellent communication skills
- Flexible, organised, proactive, problem solving skills, physically fit
- Experience with Axapta or SAP
- Previous manufacturing experience
How to apply
Email your CV and optional covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org