IT Project Manager Vacancy
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead our SAP B1 for Manufacturing installation Project on a 6-month contract. You will deal with the day-to-day project management, follow-ups of actions and deliverables and general administration of the project. You will be responsible for setting up project plans and will provide weekly updates on progress and management and will work alongside the 3rd Party supplier. A mixture of IT staff, business users and consultants from the external software supplier will be involved in this project. The role will report directly into the Managing Director.
Manufacturing is at the heart of the TecQuipment high quality brand, and as such the systems that need to be in place are business critical. Efficiency and effectiveness within the MIS System is a goal which we embarked upon some time ago, the SAP B1 system was selected as was the 3rd party supplier. The recent pandemic has halted the project through focus on other priorities, we now need to re-start the process and complete the planning, installation, training and go live. This is a very rare opportunity to work within a high tech, high quality market leading company.
This will be a demanding role exposing you to all areas of the company, from quotation to installation. We are fortunate to have some very focused, talented staff within the team, thus you will need to demonstrate high levels of technical skills, project management experience through seamless communication.
- Carry out planning – setting goals and objectives, producing schedules and timelines for the tasks
- Coordinating the project staff who will be required to complete project work alongside their normal roles
- Identify and manage risks to ensure delivery is on time
- Current project review to establish status and set overall timescales for completion
- Managing project administration, including all documentation
- Carry out monitoring and control activities in order to track the progress of the project, and to implement any necessary changes through the project
- 3 or more years project management experience in I.T would be preferred
- Experience of managing the implementation of SAP Business One in an SME Manufacturing environment is preferred
- Excellent organisational skills, to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines, a flexible approach is required
- Technical knowledge related to the project may also be required
- Business and I.T strategy experience, as well as the ability to understand business processes and their intentions
- Location: Bonsall Street, Long Eaton, Notttinghamshire / working from home
- Hours: 37 hours per week, i.e. 8.00am – 4.30pm. Monday-Thursday (1/2 hour for lunch), 8.00am – 13.00pm Friday (no lunch break)
- Rate of Pay: £60,000 - £85,000 pro rata equivalent
- Contract Type: 6 month contract
How to apply
Email your CV and optional covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org